Facebook cover photo size – In today’s world, almost everyone is on a common social media platform i.e, Facebook. Everybody puts their profile picture and cover photos such that their profile looks attractive and pleasing to the other users. Similar thing happens when we do social media marketing.
We put our cover photos that are attractive and give the correct overview of our firm. That’s why the cover photo plays a very crucial part in publicizing our product and gaining profit.
Facebook cover photo size
A Facebook page’s cover photo should be branded and should represent our business. It should be of very high quality and perfectly optimized for display, which means to put a perfect cover photo to our Facebook page we need to know the perfect dimensions of the cover photo.
Facebook cover photo dimensions
According to Facebook, the size of cover photo on computers is 820*312 pixels and on smartphones it is 640*360 pixels.
Now this is very nice that we know the dimensions of photo on computer as well as on smartphones. But, the Facebook displays the cover photo differently on both. So, we need to find a mid way to solve this problem.
Facebook cover photo size – Therefore, we recommend using the dimension size of the cover photo to be 820*360 px. And put all the content, text and picture in the center safe zone as shown below.
Cover Photos on Desktop vs. Mobile
While designing the Facebook cover photo, we need to be careful because the cover image is displayed differently on mobile and computers. Designing with safe zones in mind we will get a Facebook cover photo that can be displayed properly on both devices.
Facebook cover photo size – Facebook doesn’t stretch or distort the picture but it crops it automatically. On mobiles, it crops the side part and shows more of the height. Alternatively on desktops, it displays more of the width and crops the top and the bottom (check your own profile cover photo on both the devices, you’ll notice the difference).
We recommend using the Facebook cover photo size of 820* 360 pixels and designing within the safe zones. This will ensure that none of the critical components of the cover photo are getting cut off on mobile devices or on desktop devices.
What Should My Facebook Cover Photo Be?
Other than choosing a picture which is both high quality and relevant to our business, the designing the cover picture is a difficult task. That depends entirely on the type of the business, what you believe your target audience wants to know about your firm. Some of the great ideas to design your cover photo can be:
- We are doing social media marketing over here, so we should make our cover photo such that it gives the idea of more social than marketing, but that doesn’t mean that there is no room to promote the business.
- Use a user generated content which the audience finds relevant and useful. This will help increase your business to a great level.
- If you have any webinar, conference or any event, then feature it in the cover photo.
- Show off your office space, it can give gorgeous pictures increase foot traffic.
- Feature your backhand team members and the employees in your cover photo and humanize it.
- Demonstrate the product features and benefits; this can tie up into sales.
Facebook Cover Photo Mistakes to Avoid
- Don’t put too much of text.
- Don’t put too much of clutter
- Consider the current page format while designing the cover photo
- When possible, adding subtle branding like your logo to the image can make a big difference with brand recognition.
Where to Find Great Cover Photos
Some amazing cover photos will just be made from graphics, like Buffer’s and Drip’s. Others will utilize actual photographs. Whichever you choose, there are plenty of resources you can pull images from if you don’t have a high-quality image that you’ve taken yourself.
- Free stock photo sites like StockSnap, Pexels and Unsplash, which offer free stock photos available for commercial use.
- User generated content, which is free and often available in abundance. Some UGC is extremely high quality, and many users would be honored if you used it as part of your cover photo.
The perfect Facebook cover photo size goes a long way in helping you make a great first impression with new users. Your image looks good when displayed on both mobile and desktop, without bizarre cropping or the image showing up off-center.
Combining the perfect cover photo size with Facebook cover photo best practices can help you build the social presence and reputation that you want to create for your business.
Hope in this article “Facebook cover photo size” every thing is clear if you have any question then contact us right now.