Carousel Ads – Carousel ads are the ads where upto 10 pictures, GIFs, videos, or animated things are used to create a slideshow in the ad. It is an ad format that is more interactive than any other ad formats. The researches in Facebook have shown that business using the carousel ads have benefited more than the normal picture ads. This has put light on the latest behavior pattern of the users on Facebook.
They like to spend more time on the interactive ads rather than the stagnant ads because they feel someone is making an effort to interact with them and not just sell a product. The stagnant or the picture ads work too but not as good as the carousel ads these days. The Facebook carousel ads are anyways better than the normal ads because there is more space for featuring the products or the services of your brand.
Specifications of the Facebook Carousel Ads
- Image or the Thumbnail size: 1,080 x 1,080 pixels
- Image/Video aspect ratio: 1:1 (square)
- Headline: 40 characters
- Text: 125 characters
- Link description: 20 characters
- Image file size: 30MB max
- Video file size: 4GB max
- Video length: Up to 240 minutes
- Number of cards: 2-10
Facebook Carousel ads can be used for:
- Brand awareness
- Lead generation
- App installs
- Catalogue Sales
Steps to create the Facebook Carousel Ads
- Select the carousel format from your ad set
- In the text box of every picture you have to write something compelling. If you display one product in different slides, say more things about one product and if you showcase more products say something about each one of them
- Either tell a story through image distribution or through videos. If you are just using more pictures one for each card, then display the most compelling picture first with a great text so that more people get their attention to it.
- If your ad’s objective is not store visit then you can take the option of local ads.
- You can either create the ad and publish now or check and edit to rearrange the cards.