What is backlink – If you are a website owner or a search marketer, you know what is backlink and why it is important for your website. A backlink is simply when someone else uses your website link or your website’s page link on their website to link you for some purpose.
For example, a travel website writes a content on 5 best places to visit in Europe, and links your content of London where required in their content. This is called as backlinks.
It is important for your website to earn as many website backlinks as possible. But, just simply getting other websites to link your website is not enough. The website that is linking you should be a good and not a spam my website. It also should not be used in excessive so that it seems it is just used for the linking purpose.
What is backlink
Here are some of the mistakes that you should not do when it comes to backlinks.
- Buying and the selling of the links is strictly a big No No. This is unethical and a wrong practice from the SEO perspective. What is backlink use if they are bought and not genuine, right? Google understands the buying of the links and it can also de list your website if found from the SERPs.
- Another mistake is getting the No follow links. No follow links are not good for your website to rank them in the search engines.
- Getting the back links from high PR domains is also a mistake from your side that can be happening. Always keep a mix of high and low PR links because that sounds stable and authentic. Stop targeting just the high PR links.
- Getting the backlinks from the irrelevant sites is also not a good idea. A website that has a low rank, is spammy, and is useless, will give no benefit to your website.
- Backlining without keeping the targeted keywords in the anchor text is also a mistake that should be avoided at all costs.
- You know what is backlink and how important it is. But, that does not mean you will simply get as many backlinks as possible for the sake of it. In short span, if you accumulate several links then that is wrong too.